Sections locales d’étudiantsPour en savoir plus...
Student locals are subgroups through which the ATA offers services to education students. Each of the 14 student locals in Alberta are affiliated with a college or university that offers a program leading to an education degree.
Student local membership benefits
- ATA publications, including the ATA News and the ATA Magazine that provide current information on issues of concern to education students and teachers throughout the province
- Access to ATA library materials, reference services and online periodical databases through TNET
- Student Local Conference, held annually in September
- Free membership in all ATA specialist councils
- Membership in a professional organization
- Advice and consultation on professional matters
- Opportunities to serve on your local’s executive and, in turn, to attend the annual Student Local Conference that the ATA organizes each fall to help members perform their executive functions
How to join a student local
First, you must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program that leads to eligibility for a teaching certificate. You must also become a member of the Education Students’ Association (ESA) or the Education Undergraduate Society (EUS) operating on the campus of the university or college that you are attending. The ESA or EUS will forward $1 of your membership fee to the ATA, an amount that automatically makes you a member of the appropriate ATA student local.
How to create your online ATA student membership
How to renew your online ATA student membership
ATA workshops for education students
Association staff regularly speak to university classes on topics related to teaching. We can also arrange for a guest speaker to present at education events. Find out more information on available workshops and how to book one for your students.