Sick leave and extended disability

Understanding sick leave and extended disability benefits (EDB) can be challenging. 

The Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) covers most Alberta teachers. The Teachers’ Sick Leave and EDB Guide is a guide to ASEBP application processes. 

Other benefits companies (for example, Manulife or Canada Life) cover teachers in some school divisions. If ASEBP is not your benefits provider, ask your school division for the latest benefits guide.

Association Dues While on Leave 

Teachers on leave have access to all Association services. The Association invoices teachers on leave twice per year. 


Teacher Employment Services

780-447-9400 (Edmonton area)

1-800-232-7208 (toll free in Alberta)